Blue Dwarf Gourami Stopped Eating

aquadude

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 29 gallon tank with 4 zebra danios, 3 emerald catfish, a pleco, and one blue gourami. I recently went on vacation in europe for 17 days, and I had one of my roommates, who has kept fish in the past, feed them for me while I was gone. All seems to be well, except that I've noticed since I got back that my gourami hardly eats at all. Before I left, he would come up to the top at feeding time and eat with the danios, and you could hear the snap of his mouth against the surface of the water as he ate the flakes. He seems a little lethargic now, not swimming around the tank as often, but he still comes up to the surface whenever I feed the fish... but he rarely actually EATS the food now. He knows it's there but he doesn't snap at it like he used to. It's really strange.

Based on my research it sounds like others have had constipated fish before? I tested my water and it seems to be fine. My only idea was to try some new food for the gourami. I currently use floating tropical fish flakes and freeze dried blood worms. Maybe he's just bored? Anyone had a similar experience?

Most reactions

Back