Blue Acara Breeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Supersteve

Reaction score
Hi fish folk
I just bought a breeding pair of blue acara. I have done my research on them but thought I'd ask you clever lot if you have any advice or secret tip you want to share. I have bred angel fish before with little success but enjoyed doing so. My plan is to build up store credit in my lfs and get some more experience breeding then move up to another more expensive fish maybe discus. If you have any suggestions of a good fish to move to next that would also be welcome. Cheers
120l
Fluval 205
Pair of blue acara

Flat rock for them to spawn on, condition them well with a good variety of food, including frozen foods and blue acara are usually pretty easy to breed. If you intend to remove the eggs, seperate the male and female for a week (tank divider is best) else the male could harrass the female to death to breed again too soon. If you are leaving the fry with the parents all the better, but still let the female have a break between batches of fry. hope this helps

I agree with star. As for other fish, if you want to stick with cichlids, maybe try one of the apistogrammas or other dwarf species. Or perhaps one of the cryptoheros sp.?

Most reactions

trending

Back