"blonde" Dwarf Frogs....?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rlhirth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
this is mostly to jenste... but has anyone ever seen "blonde" dwarf frogs... i was at a very reliable and informationally sound aqautic store and they had the normal dwarfs and then in the same tank they had ones called "blonde" dwarfs.... these were most definatly dwarfs but they were so very light... i should of taken a picture... i did find this picture online

untitled-2.png

the eyes are on the side of the head not on top, the front feet are webbed, more pointed nose....

any thoughts?????

they are albino frogs and apparently you cant put anything else in the tank (at least not other frogs anyway) with it, as it will kill it. I have always been told they are very violent and to be avoided.

dosn't look like an albino frog to me! it does look like a light coloured dwarf, maybe a result of unusal breeding?

This frog was definitely a dwarf not a clawed! I know the difference I have kept both! Dwarfs can be kept with other fish as long as the fish are not nippy theses frogs (dwarfs) are shy and are not "violent" and if you actually look at the eye it is actually lacking pigment....

I was always told the albinos do not exist but from this picture and the frogs I saw I am starting to question that. I wish I know more about the dwarfs genetics because all animals can be albino but its just how common it is. I always thought till now that maybe in these dwarfs the albino gene was like a recessive lethal gene so if they were an albino the frog would never developed in the egg and that's why they did not exist

How odd ... were they adfs or do you think they are maybe a different species altogether?

I want some :wub:

I always thought all albinos had pink eyes? these look black.
I don't keep ADFS anymore, but this has made me want to make my boyfriend drive me to the LFS XD

Most reactions

Back