Bloated USD

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CathyG

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have three USDs, it looks like I have two different species (considering growth rate/colouration etc) Anyway, the smallest one seems to be quite bloated all of a sudden. The tank is mature, the parameters stable at pH 7.4, Ammonia 0. Nitrites 0, Nitrates <20, the tank is 220 litres, moderately planted, with sand substrate. I also have a UV steriliser running on the tank.

Could he/she have gorged herself recently? A couple of slices of cucumber were gone overnight, otherwise it has been the usual algae wafers after lights out. She shares this with 2 other USDs, 4 cories, 3 2.5" clowns, 3 khulis and a small plec. The rest of the inhabitants also have a go at any food intended for the bottom feeders.

I know that USDs are "tubby" usually, but she seems moreso this last couple of days. Her behaviour hasn't changed that I am aware of, except for she is out more often during lights on since I have some floating plants. I apologise for the poor pic quality, she was at the back of the tank and that was the closest I could get...Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Planted028.jpg

Ok, well after 5 days of concern she has finally gone down a dress size and I think she is on the mend. Wanders off whistling *who ate all the pies*

:D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back