Bloated Gourami

rander7249

Reaction score
I have a male dwarf gourami named salsa, and recently he has grown very bloated. It seems more concentrated on his left side. I don't think it is iridovirus, because he has no discoloration or spots, or constipation, because whenever I feed him he poops it out a couple hours later, and when I fast him he has the white stringy poo. I guess it could be internal parasites, but I haven't added anything to the tank recently. If anyone could help, that'd be great. Also I don't know the water parameters; I'm trying to get a test done soon, but it is currently just well water with water conditioner.

here's a couple

Attachments

• IMG-0272.jpg
    IMG-0272.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-0273.jpg
    IMG-0273.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-0274.jpg
    IMG-0274.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 48
He honestly is acting fine, his appetite is still there, if not a little more timid than usual. Just one day he appeared very swollen, so I wondered if it was something that I should be concerned about.

I know, I agree, but what is it and how would I cure it?
Personally I think you can't.
Looks like symptoms of Dwarf Gourami Disease (kidney- / spleennecrosis what causes the bloating). Sorry !

Personally I think you can't.
Looks like symptoms of Dwarf Gourami Disease (kidney- / spleennecrosis what causes the bloating). Sorry !
Is it possible for symptoms to be showing up this late though? It's been almost a year now but I thought they showed symptoms within the first 3 months.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back