Bleeding Heart V Ram

I've never witnessed nipping when I kept the two together. I also kept rummy noses and other tetras, loaches etc.

Odd - Rams are usually the nippy ones of this bunch I would have said. They're not nipping each other are they ?
 
I highly doubt its eachother
i really think its the bleedin hearts

waht can i do about this?
 
You could try adding lots of tall plants. But if you have that already - nothing apart from removing either (Rams or Bleeding Hearts) will cure the problem. You could possibly try adding a couple more Bleeding Hears and see if that reduces possible nipping - but you might then just have more fish to rehome if you are set keeping the Rams.
 
And you're certain that it isnt the red eye tetras??? I've found them to be prone nippers in many situations.

My best suggestion would be for you to up your numbers in the tetra groups to at least 6, they will be less aggressive in those numbers and much happier overall :)
 
Hmm.... I'd agree - maybe the red eyes need a closer watch. I have all of the above in my big tank too (2 bleeding hearts, 2 lampeyes, 2 rams..) The bleeding hearts don't bother a soul except each other. Ever. I'd find it hard to believe they're nippers, but I guess strange things happen....?? Lots of hiding spots, plants, and caves might do everyone some good.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top