martyn21uk
Fish Crazy
Here's my dilema.
I've got a 40 litre tank that I cycled using 6 x black widow tetras (Fishless Cyclers please don't shout - I'm sorry - I was new!!) The tank has finished cycling and I've so far added 3 x peppered Cory's and 3 x albino cory's. I kind of know where I want to finish stock wise but have a dilema about the Black widow tetras. When I bought them, lfs gave me the option of trading them back in after cycling. But I think its quite sad to take the little fellas back after spending all this time and stress doing my dirty work for me. But equally they aren't the most beautiful fish and are taking up space in quite a small tank. They also spend most of their time whilst the light is on hiding but are much more active with the light off. They also don't schoal too much either. Sometimes a few of them do but they seem equally happy to do their own thing.
So my questions are,
Is this normal behaviour for black widow tetras?
Should I take the fellas back or keep them!?
All advice and opinions welcomed!!!
I've got a 40 litre tank that I cycled using 6 x black widow tetras (Fishless Cyclers please don't shout - I'm sorry - I was new!!) The tank has finished cycling and I've so far added 3 x peppered Cory's and 3 x albino cory's. I kind of know where I want to finish stock wise but have a dilema about the Black widow tetras. When I bought them, lfs gave me the option of trading them back in after cycling. But I think its quite sad to take the little fellas back after spending all this time and stress doing my dirty work for me. But equally they aren't the most beautiful fish and are taking up space in quite a small tank. They also spend most of their time whilst the light is on hiding but are much more active with the light off. They also don't schoal too much either. Sometimes a few of them do but they seem equally happy to do their own thing.
So my questions are,
Is this normal behaviour for black widow tetras?
Should I take the fellas back or keep them!?
All advice and opinions welcomed!!!
for a bit of fun. they tend to adopt a part of their tank and will let other fish there apart from their own kind.........black widows are just evil little fish that attack anything with a decent fin and are fry hungry all the time..............get rid and dont feel guilty for doing so







