Black Phantom Tetra

Hiya70310

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Okinawa
I have 6 Black Phantom Tetras 3 male and 3 females. I've been looking at Bettas lately and was wondering if he (because I want a male) would get his fins nipped. Or would they harrass a betta to much or vice versa.
 
I just realized I posted this before :blush: Someone suggested a paradise fish. They say they would eat my ghost shrimp and oddly enough I don't want that (I like them) So what else Something Bold and flashy like a betta yet can live with my other fish...maybe a not so aggressive cichilds, if that even exists. Oh and something that would swim in the top region of the aquarium
 
When I first set up my 75 gallon tank 4 years ago, I had black phantoms with angels. I was particularly concerned about fin nippers as I didn't want the angels harassed. I can honestly say that I never had any problem with the tetras nipping. I think a lot of it depends on the size group you keep them in. If you only have 1 or 2, then you will probably see some nipping. If you have at least 6 or so, you will probably be fine. I would actually be more concerned about the betta harassing them than the other way around.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top