Black mystery snails

tricias_petz

Reaction score
Ok, I am needing all the info I can get about these guys.
Such as what they eat, what they need to live in, And what ever all else.
Thanks a lot! :thumbs:

The most important thing to know about these snails is that they need a food source! Some people assume they can chunk them in their tank and everything will be fine. They will starve without food of their own. I weigh down zucchini for my guys. I've also used lettuce, cucumber and spinach, but they seem to prefer zucchini.

Sinking pellets, of almost any type will work too though variety is the key. My large Gold will take entire wafers and munch on them, keeping the fish from eating any of it til he's done.

Ok, I got one, And all the pellets I have are floating!
I am going to have to go to the pet store ASAP and get some sinking ones. I will try give zuchinni, I hardly ever buy it, and That seems like a lot of stuff to get for 1 itty bitty snail! Oh well. I can get it. THANKS GUYS!! B) :D :cool:

Snails will eat just about anything that makes it to the bottom of the tank. And even things that don't. I find my snails (1 gold, 1 black mystery) sometimes come to the waterline to eat food from the top of the tank. Especially when I am feeding Tetra Delica foods. I squeeze out a bit for them to munch on. So, in short, any food that gets to the bottom of the tank, that isn't eated by the fish will be eaten by the snails. Of course, provide them with variety just like your fish. I feed mine the Delica, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, frozen bloodworms, flake, lettuce, tropical sinking pellets and the occassional zuchinni.

\Dan

Most reactions

Back