Birmingham / Surrounding Area

Andy P

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cirencester
Hi all,

Looks as though I've got to drive the Mrs up to a Beauty Therapist's show at the Birmingham NEC this Sunday - rather that follow her around looking at manicure kits and the like I thought it might give me the opportunity to check out some fish shops - cany anyone reccomend any? I'll be heading up the M5 from Gloucestershire

Cheers

Andy
 
Shirley Aquatics (Shirley Solihull)

Maidenhead Aquatics (Solihull)

A & D Garden centre and Aquatics (Oldbury) :good:
 
tropical waters acocks green this is where i go good prices and good stock
 
tropical waters acocks green this is where i go good prices and good stock


Hey mate, whereabouts in Accocks Green is this? Always on the hunt for new places :shifty:

Nevermind ... is this it?

Tropical Waters Aquatics
1161 Warwick Road,
BIRMINGHAM, B27 6RG
 
Cheers for the replies guys, youve saved me from a day of nail polish and aromatherpy oils! :rolleyes:
 
Well now im rather pee'd off! I must have asked about 15people in the bullring shops, sea life centre and other places. about shops like this..there reply was 'theres non around here'
 
I have been to shirly aquatics today, they have a lot of empty tanks today, some new stock comming in. Its well worth the trip, Very knowledgable staff too.
 
I have been to shirly aquatics today, they have a lot of empty tanks today, some new stock comming in. Its well worth the trip, Very knowledgable staff too.

Melbicks.

Big garden centre type place with big fish section, 5 mins from NEC!

:good:
 
personally shirley aquatics i dont find have much stock.

if you try erdington aquatics its more north of birmingham. i found them to be really good. they have a large selection of more rarer fish..

google it for the address.
 
Erdington is great for a look, but every fish I have bought from there has had something wrong with it and died. Might be just my luck but I wont buy from there again.
 
I have been to shirly aquatics today, they have a lot of empty tanks today, some new stock comming in. Its well worth the trip, Very knowledgable staff too.
Whether the staff are knowledgable or not is pot luck, some are pretty good, others there are more than clueless.
However, everything I've bought there has died with the exception of 6 danios (and nope it's not be being useless as everything I've bought from 2 other LFS's, tri-mar, modaz and sarah are all alive and well).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top