What do you think of BigTuna's FOWLR?

• I'm impressed

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • He's got potential

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • He should quit now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry for your loss :-( Is that normal for them to do?

No I don't believe it to be normal.  They are very timid fish, and I don't believe this foxface ever got 100% comfortable from the acclimation.  It was a disaster.  I was shocked that it recovered from it.  His pal recovered much better and became comfortable quite quickly considering the circumstances.  Pretty bummed, was really excited about the pair of foxfaces, and they were most certainly pals.  Now to debate whether a new foxface once the 180 is running is something I should consider. 

I barely understand freshwater fish much less salt so that is why I was asking ><
I'm glad at least the other one is doing well, and I'm sorry again.
Could it end up bothering the current one if you added another?

so I have been plugging away whenever I can find the odd minute to work on my new tank.  I have the DT full of RO/DI water, sump is full, and I am trying to get the plumbing all finished.  If I can get this accomplished and run everything through a good test I think I may get my Live Rock this weekend.  I am pretty excited as its been a long process to get to this point.  I will try to get some photos up as soon as I can. 

Any chance I can get a thread title rename?  its no longer  a 125, and hopefully won't be a FOWLR tank. 

What do you want to call it? I could probably make something up, but I'd rather go with your name.

BigTuna's Ocean in a Wall?  haha I dunno. 

I did get the Live Rock, and everything is running.  Considering the size of the entire system I was going in thinking I'd need over 200lbs of rock.  Under the guidance of a guy I trust great he recommended to go with 150lbs.  I was very pleased with the size of rocks, and quite honestly I'm not sure how I could have handled any more rock unless I turned it into rubble. 

I've got half of the display tank looking close to how I'd like it.  The other half looks like I ran out of time and quickly stacked the rocks into the tank....... I can never find enough time these days!!!!  First chance I get I'd like to show some pictures of my progress.  At this stage, there's nothing exciting to see. :)

I think it'd be very exciting to see right now, but understand you don't have as much time as you'd like to take pictures. I'm sure it'll look great once you get some time to place the rocks the way you want!
I thought BigTuna's BigTank or something for the title, but I doubt anyone else likes that :lol:

Well I'm not pleased with the pictures I was able to capture.  I had the room very well lit.  I know the tank is very cloudy at this point, but still, the pictures are unclear and dim. Anyways, here's a few I took with some adjustments on the camera, you can get a little bit of a view of my original placement.  Unfortunately, I have discovered that I could place my rock formation back at least a few inches giving me even more viewing in the front of the tank. I hope this doesn't require me starting right back at square one again.  That's a lot of rock!!! 

IMG_2049_zps918da735.jpg

IMG_2058_zps515dfc89.jpg

That looks absolutely lovely! So many spots for them to swim through :D Is the tank lighting not what you want? D:

The lighting is great, I have no idea what my camera didn't pick it up.  Its a AquaticLife 72" fixture, 3X150W HDI metal halide & 4X39W T5s.  I don't imagine the cloudiness helps, and I think I will lower the fixture a few inches once everything is in place.  It is currently sitting about 8-10 inches above the tank so that I could maneuver the rock into the tank.  The entire room and tank was very well lit, but the pictures look like Im in a cave. 

Absolutely gorgeous! Is it enjoying the tank? When did you get it? :D

IMG_2081_zps8b2f5a0e.jpg

This is the most up to date photo I have.  Its not the best quality, and I am seriously considering upgrading my camera.  Pretty bad when most smartphones can take better photos than my point and click camera.  Anyways, far left you may be able to see my Metallic Hammer coral.  Near the center is an Anemone which has yet to host with my Black Clown, but hoping that comes.  The very far right shows my Galaxy coral, and just left from him a bit is my favorite, the Elegance coral. 

Still a long ways to go, but super excited that this tank is now on its way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back