Bigc

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi BigC do you heat your small killi tanks?
or is it in a shed you had?

Do all killis need heated tanks or can any stay at room temperature or is this to much fluctuation?

I had a friend who used little heaters on each of his tanks but eventually he ran out of power points so now he just heats the room they are in.

I have constructed tanks that overflow into each other, gleened from an old aquarist friend in Manchester in the late seventies. Its a bit hard to discribe them really, so I'll put up a photobucket image and you can ask the questions and yes there is a heater for one bank of tanks
newtank.jpg

I have constructed tanks that overflow into each other, gleened from an old aquarist friend in Manchester in the late seventies. Its a bit hard to discribe them really, so I'll put up a photobucket image and you can ask the questions and yes there is a heater for one bank of tanks
newtank.jpg

do u have this up and running?

There are four of them with plans for more.
Unfortunately pics are impossible to get due to the tight nature of the units, I've tried to get pics up in the past and the camera is just too close to get everything in or the flash bounces off the glass. So I can only give you the original plans for now. I probably make a small unit to show how its made, The original aquarist is possibly dead now and I would hate this type of plan to get lost with no-one being able to utilise it Its a bit misleading looking at the plan but what you are looking at is one big tank with 4 tanks built in to it that overflow into pre-filters and on into the individual tanks, the bottom tank is a sump and water is pumped back up to the top and the process starts all over again. hence you only need one heater for each.
Regards
BigC

There are four of them with plans for more.
Unfortunately pics are impossible to get due to the tight nature of the units, I've tried to get pics up in the past and the camera is just too close to get everything in or the flash bounces off the glass. So I can only give you the original plans for now. I probably make a small unit to show how its made, The original aquarist is possibly dead now and I would hate this type of plan to get lost with no-one being able to utilise it Its a bit misleading looking at the plan but what you are looking at is one big tank with 4 tanks built in to it that overflow into pre-filters and on into the individual tanks, the bottom tank is a sump and water is pumped back up to the top and the process starts all over again. hence you only need one heater for each.
Regards
BigC

looks really good, how do u find it works?

So, I'd rather should see that drawing as tanks next to each other instead of above each other?

never had problems with sicknesses? I guess once you have a problem in one of the tanks,it will infect the other ones too in the same row?

So, I'd rather should see that drawing as tanks next to each other instead of above each other?
never had problems with sicknesses? I guess once you have a problem in one of the tanks,it will infect the other ones too in the same row?

You are looking at the side of the tank structure the four tanks are built into the larger skeleton a six foot tank standing upright on an end panel which is strengthened to 12mm (I will make a mock up scaled down version so as you all can see what I mean) As for sickness, In all my years keeping killifish I have lost a minimal amount of fish mainly due to stupid things I've done or forgot to do. I was waiting for this question to crop up. I would have been surprised if it didn't... I keep my tanks very very clean even after feeding, I adhere to water qualities and perform daily maintenance and the only significant problem I ever had with the system was Hydra. Which is easily delt with.
Regards
BigC

hydra are little insect type things that you get in your tank and they can sting your fishes

i think thats what they are anyway!

Most reactions

Back