"Big White Spot Pleco"

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
Well, Sold to me as a "Snowball Pleco", I was under the impression at the time that it wasnt what it was labelled as.

After some browsing on Planet Catfish, turns out its an "L142" or "Big White Spot Pleco"

Hes about 2.25" long andis really handsome!

Here are some bag pics..

Attachments

• DCP_0003.jpg
    DCP_0003.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 57
:wub: :wub: Very nice!! He/she has some wonderful colouring on them.

How much did it set you back if you dont mind saying?

Very Coool,

1 Day i'll drive to Cheltneham - Your LFS Sounds so good.

Thanks guys :)

He was from Maidenhead Aquatics in Swindon, not my most local fish shop, but the biggest within half an hour drive, and regularly has some nice stuff in.

The fish shop I usually use is The Aquatics Habitat in Brockworth, which has some lovely stuff in it, and isnt huge, but is nice enough to get some lovely stock in, and turn over stock quickly enough so they can always order in cool new stuff, and their speciality is Catfish :D

Anyway, he cost me £30, which wasnt too bad at all.

Ben

Nice fish, I have seen my LFS sell them as "snowball plecs" too. Was tempted to buy one not so long back but the price tag put me off. :D

Well, Snowball Plecs should be cheaper than big white spotted plecs. Are the ones at your fish shop like mine or with smaller white spots?

Ben

To be honest I couldnt give you a definative answer as its been a few weeks since I went to that LFS but from what i remember they looked just like yours, I think they were selling them for around £25 from what i remember. :whistle:

This is my peppermint, see the why I thought yours was a peppermint?

Attachments

• peppermint.jpg
    peppermint.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 62
Wow! Thats a pretty pleco! I wish we had some over here...but I have only seen chocolates, tigers and the latest "butterfly" which looks very close to the tiger! :)

nice plecs :)

Lorna really wants a big spot :) - but we're waiting till we move.... (only 4 months to go :()

So that leaves me with the question, is mine a peppermint, like what it was ordered, or is a white spot like Bunji's?
I ordered the peppermint, and if I got the white spot...... :angry:

Interesting, the spots on yours look quite big for a peppermint, certainly looks more similar to mine than to a peppermint..

Ben

I totally think you are right Bunji!
I really think that I have a Big white spot!
I don't know if I am mad or excited?
I really don't think mine looks like a peppermint now
It looks like YOURS! :X

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back