Big Bad Meanie

PlatinumAngel

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ontario Canada
*sigh* I had to put down one of my guppies. I feel so bad.
She'd been labouring along the bottom of the tank for about 3 days, then I saw her belly was a bit torn up and her face was a little translucent.
She was not doing well at all. I know I did the right thing but I feel bad for having to do it.
 
Clove oil puts them to sleep, add more, they pass away in their sleep.
Can't think of anything kinder.
Easier on us, too...
 
I usually just throw them out. My mom dosent let me freeze fish, and we dont have any clove oil.
 
clove oil huh? must try that next time. I couldn't just throw them out while they were still alive. almost be like drowning to another animal.
 
No, me neither.
I can just imagine being sick and dying, and being flushed into a sewer or suffocated slowly to death...
I think I'd like to be clove oiled when my time comes...
Just need to not use too much at first, or the fish become agitated and it might very well burn the gills or something at higher levels, while they're conscious.
Once they're out, as it's an anesthetic rather than a poison, a large dose can be added which will ultimately ensure they don't wake up to suffer ever again.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top