"big Al" The Childrens Book! Anyone Remember That?

Scott MacAdam

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well for a reminder, anyone who may have read it, it's a book about a BIG, ugly fish with no firneds in the ocean, mostly because of his "big and ugly" characteristics, he tried Very hard to fit in with a school of smaller fish but the avoid him and swim away because they are much to scared to get to know him. he tries many ways to fit in, from disguising himself with seaweed to burrowing under the ocean floor so he'll look smaller. But something always goes wrong, and Big Al wonders if he'll ever have a single friend. Then one day, a fishing net captures the other fish, Big Al using his brute force of being huge in comparison, rips open the fishing net and rescues all of the other fish. they realize that he is not as big and scary as they though and they become friends with him.

i used to get my mom to read me this book when i was VERY young but it is almost my first memory of childhood because I got her to read it almost every night, I can't believe i remember that at all but it seems very clear to me, i even remember the illustrations for each event that takes place!

i am, of course, much older now and thinking back of how much i enjoied that book i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of a fish that was? i'd love to keep one!

thanks everyone!!!

here is what the cover looks like , i'm going to ask my mom if she still has it !!!

bigal.jpg

I read the reviews on Amazon and the book sounds like it contains some nice life lessons for children (and adults).

The first thing that came to mind when I saw Big Al was a stonefish.

stonefish.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back