Bichir's Pellet Training

Ornate Bichir

Reaction score
How do I train my 3 senegal bichirs and an ornate bichir to feed on pellets? I've tried putting a few pellets into the tank but they didn't even touch them. What should I do?

Anyone can tell where to get Hikari carnivore/massivore pellets (sinking) in Singapore? Cos I don't see them in the fish shop near my house in Toa Payoh.

Just keep trying - don't feed for 24hours and try when they are hungry - if they are young fish don't do this often though.

Just keep trying - don't feed for 24hours and try when they are hungry - if they are young fish don't do this often though.
might be a stupid question,but why do you want to pellet train your fish?

might be a stupid question,but why do you want to pellet train your fish?

cheaper and the pellets are designed to give a balanced diet.

my senegal birchir/snakeheads and reed fish have all taken pellets, just make the change and bear with it, took a few days without food then they will take it, well all mine have

But fish from its natural habitat give it a perfectly balanced diet because thats what they live off in the wild. Pellets are never as good as its natural food source

Bichir have a very varied diet in the wild. Including insects and vegetation.

But fish from its natural habitat give it a perfectly balanced diet because thats what they live off in the wild. Pellets are never as good as its natural food source

pellets are the best source of food you can give to a captive kept fish, all needed stuff has been put in correctly,look for quality stuff, supliment diet with blood worm and other live foods....unfortunatly when kept in tanks fish cannot get everything they need

my senegal bichir took pellets afetr about a week or 2.
i would feed bloodworms and those were immediatly taken. eventually, pellets were taken and quickly gulped down.

My bichir ate guppies perhaps twice, the only times the oscar didn't catch them first

My ornate eats pellets none stop!!! but saying that it took him about 18 months till i saw him take them and become non shy!!! I have no idea ht he took before then but I used to target feed him prawn

Most reactions

Back