BGKF help.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Scuba_RVT

Reaction score
So, this may be silly or stupid, but I am afraid I have possibly done something to poorly affect my fish's behavior towards me. I have owned BGKF before and adore them for their sweet nature and eccentricities. The ones I had in the past would readily come to me to be hand fed, would check me out during tank cleaning and maintenance, and were willingly out and about in moderate lighting. I just got a new baby a few weeks ago, has recently moved to the main 125 gal tank and has been there for a week. S/he is ~3" long, during quarantine and the first couple days, the BGKF came to me willingly to take a bite of food from my hand. It was pretty gregarious and friendly. Well, here comes the issue...I must have scared it. I was talking to my toddler during a feed, wasn't paying any attention to the fish so when it nipped my finger by accident, I jumped. S/he is still eating but refuses to come out of its cave, or take anything by hand. If I drop the food, it will hungrily eat up the bloodworms, or krill or whatever is on the menu for supper. I know it sounds silly, but tactile contact with my fish is something that make me happy. What are the chances of getting this little fish to come out of its shell for me, or have I now turned it into a giant fraidy cat. Thanks for any insight.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back