bettas

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

stewartsthebest

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I read in a book that you can feed your fish a little piece of lettuce, but is it good for bettas? im kind of confused :S becuase some books tell me that they can eat mosquito larvae caught in a rain bucket, some tell me they cant. i just got one so i want whats best for him (his name is stewart) and how do u know their age? :) thx for ur help

lol welcome to the hobby, you'll soon find yourself addicted to bettas and they'll be taking over your life ;)

bettas are actually carnivores, they perfer to eat meaty things like bloodworms, brine shrimp, etc, etc. Mosquito larvae is reallyr eally yummy, but i wouldn't take them off the wild as you never know waht kind of bacteria/disease it might carry with it. If you want you can start a mosquito larvae culture adn give that your betta :)

I'm not too sure about the lettuce as i dotn' think they're vegetarians (i have 5 betats and i dotn' feed any of htem vegies).

As for their age..it's sort of hard to hell, really young bettas may not have their colors fully developed. But if you got him off hte petstore, he's probably around 6 months old (can anyone confirm that)? old bettas tend to have a more wrinkly crinkly tail, but otherwise you can't really tell jsut be looking at him the exact age. (not like a tree)

What are you keeping your betta in?

im keeping him in a 1 gallon bowlish type thing, i only have one and i thoguht this was better then the little tiny thing they had them in at the pet store. thanks for your advice :)

1G IS better than the tiny litlte cups :) just feed him betta pellets, with teh occasioanl bloodworm and he should do alright

Most reactions

Back