Bettas in 3 gallon tanks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yeah parents love it when you do jobs they normally would have to do

as it shows initiative and a want to do the right thing

dont do anything that your unsure about just ask your parents can i help do this chore if they say yes go ahead and help them

Just offer to help around the house more, I am sure she will be more than happy to have extra help from you...you don't get anything for nothing thesedays (or at least you shouldn't when a young person)
ok, but before i do that i need to know if she will agree to it. For me its 10:00pm in the night so not really the time to ask her

when i was 14 i mixed by hand shovelling sand and stone with a mixer to make 4 tonnes of Mortar in a day

for my uncle he gave me a proper days wage of £100 for 9 hours (that felt like loads of money at the time)(my Uncle is a Multi-Millionaire to him £100,000 is monopoly money)

oh yes it was back breaking work but it made my uncle very happy and showed him that i wasn't lazy

that money paid for sweets for weeks!

just for impact here is what 4 tonnes of premixed mortar look like...oh and all of this was done on one the hottest days of the year in mid summer

Attachments

• 5ac547ed9c03c.jpg
    5ac547ed9c03c.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18
  • OIP (1).jpeg
    OIP (1).jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
ok, but before i do that i need to know if she will agree to it. For me its 10:00pm in the night so not really the time to ask her
Start first thing, before she gets out of bed, perhaps with a cup of her favourite beverage and breakfast on a tray. ;)

Hi, i have a betta in a 3 gallon aquarium. Is it fine to have him in there, is he happy. He seems happy. His always swimming around joyfully.
Unfortunately, we can't read fish mind, so 'seems happy' and 'swimming around joyfully' are our own biased and usually inadequate interpretations. ;)
The real tests are when we can try and improve a fish's circumstances and then, (and only then), observe changes in behaviour.
Hopefully, those changes will be positive.

Unfortunately, we can't read fish mind, so 'seems happy' and 'swimming around joyfully' are our own biased and usually inadequate interpretations. ;)
The real tests are when we can try and improve a fish's circumstances and then, (and only then), observe changes in behaviour.
Hopefully, those changes will be positive.
hopefully, ill put my cherrry shrimp in the 3 gallon once i move samuri into the 5.

well, I highly highly highly doubt mother will let me get a 4th tank.
Do you mean she won't allow you to spend money on a 4th tank, or have a 4th tank set up in the house?

If she doesn't mind you spending the money, you could get a 5+ gallon tank and transfer everything from the 3 gallon into it, then put the 3 gallon away in a cupboard or use it for a flower decoration or something which doesn't look like a tank.

Do you mean she won't allow you to spend money on a 4th tank, or have a 4th tank set up in the house?

If she doesn't mind you spending the money, you could get a 5+ gallon tank and transfer everything from the 3 gallon into it, then put the 3 gallon away in a cupboard or use it for a flower decoration or something which doesn't look like a tank.
all my tanks are in my room, so i dont think she would care abt that. i will probably put my shrimp in the 3 gallon once samuris in the bigger one. Im not sure yet, but i will tell you when i ask her

I would tell her you are going to sell the 3g once you get the 5G tank.

Even though the Betta May “survive” in the 3g, that doesn’t mean he will thrive. A 5G is the absolute minimum, with 10 gallons being preferred.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back