bettaholics not-so-anonymus

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

HeatherSweetness

Happy to be back!!
Reaction score
Found some otos finally! I got 4 of them for my 20 gal. and they are so cute..

I was reading up on them and I saw they have a high mortality rate for the first month after they are purchased. Mine are doing well and don't look thin and I've been feeding them algae wafers and blanched romaine lettuce.

Anyone have tips on helping them survive that first harsh month after being shipped around?

HeatherSweetness said:
...Anyone have tips on helping them survive that first harsh month after being shipped around?
Hi HS :)

Just be sure that your tank is clean and your parameters are in order. That's the best thing you can do to have a happy and healthy tank for all your fish. :thumbs: :D

Oh,it is I've had my nose against the glass watching them since I brought them home. :D

I thought they were more complicated...The article I read made them sound so fragile I was afraid I'd wake up and see them floating.

They're doing good tho,their tails were wore down and rounded but they eat and poo like cattle so I guess they're ganna be ok. :)

-stamps forehead- would you believe- even without water- i am already planning to get more Boyz 'n Grrlz? the way i see it, my breeder trap can house the other Grrl i'm getting beside Rinkee, and then the Barracks can handle four Boyz again... which means i can get another one.

drat, my LPS lost all their Betta stock.

but what's this- we're going to wal-mart next week. shall this be my first rescue mission? yep. :D i am truly insane, and i am sorry to the poor fishie who will be moving from cramped, cold, dirty quarters into cramped, warm, clean quarters, but you will get a nice, warm, clean bowl with your own little gems and plants :thumbs: yusyus?

anyone else have a 'certified addict' moment to share?

Most reactions

Back