April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

M00nshad0w

Reaction score
So I got a new betta but he refuses to eat this is day three I'm using Topfin betta pellets. What should I do. How can I get him to eat

This is quite common - if you are feeding something different from the shop it can take a while for the betta to realise that what you are putting in the tank is food. Continue feeding the pellets, but only 2 or 3, and remove them if they are not eaten. The betta will not starve himself, he will eventually realise that the pellets are food and eat them.

I have had bettas that won't eat soggy pellets and I've had bettas that will only eat soggy pellets. The ones that prefer soggy pellets spit the pellets out and re-eat them. If yours is doing this, I suggest you soak them in a bit of tank water before putting them in the tank.

make sure your water quality is good and the temperature is correct for the fish.

Do make sure thereā€™s no stressors on him. Make sure parameters and temp are proper, like Collin said, and if thereā€™s any other inhabitants see if they are bothering him.

If he still doesnā€™t eat the pellets Iā€™d try frozen foods to start off and if that does not work either, try soaking in garlic. This has been known to help a number of fish that just donā€™t want to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back