Betta with clear poop

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Susiestar

Reaction score
I noticed while cleaning her tank today that my female betta has clear slimy like poop. I just got her last week from a friend who could no longer care for her, and I haven't noticed her poop until today, so I don't know how long it's been like this.

She is in a split 20 gallon tank, along with my male betta. She has a heater, and the tank has two filters, one cycles HOB and a non-cycled internal filter with sponge media. My friend also gave me a pleco with her, and my male betta has a little shrimp friend. The tank is fairly new, and has a sand substrate.

Attachments

• IMG_8789.JPG
    IMG_8789.JPG
    832.3 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_8790.JPG
    IMG_8790.JPG
    927 KB · Views: 498
It's likely constapation or even more likely an internal parasite, of its constopation, feed her a deshelld boiled pea about once everyday until it goes away, if its internal parasites, treat her with medication. Isolate this fish to be sure the other fish do not get contaminated with any disease. Behaviors fine?
Water parameters stable?
Does she get along with the male?

It's likely constapation or even more likely an internal parasite, of its constopation, feed her a deshelld boiled pea about once everyday until it goes away, if its internal parasites, treat her with medication. Isolate this fish to be sure the other fish do not get contaminated with any disease. Behaviors fine?
Water parameters stable?
Does she get along with the male?
Unfortunately I cannot seperate them, but yes they seem to be doing fine, at first he was showing off too much and ripped his fin, so I made it so that he cannot see her. The water is stable, she eats fine, and acts completely normal.

Should I go ahead and treat her for parasites and what medicine should I use? I've never had a fish get more than just fin rot before, so I don't know how to handle it.

Feed her the peas, her tummy seems a little bloated and they will help pass whatever is bothering her through her system, I wouldn't dose meds just yet, if she's acting fine then I don't see a cause for concern yet

Feed her the peas, her tummy seems a little bloated and they will help pass whatever is bothering her through her system, I wouldn't dose meds just yet, if she's acting fine then I don't see a cause for concern yet
Okay, thank you so so much!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back