Betta with an eye-deformity. Should I buy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Have faith, the heat pack will do it's job providing it's packed properly. A friend of mine posted a betta which was never collected by the buyer and returned to him. He expected to find a dead fish, but instead found a perfectly happy and healthy betta! The fish was in the mail for atleast two weeks

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a positive outcome.

Hang in there baby fish, you can do it. :cool:

Real quick one, as obviously I'm a bit busy, but she made it. Im still in mostly darkness and I'm floating the bag right now.

The heat pack was still warm the bag with fish/water seems warm enough. Will update fully tomorrow with pics and video.

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Sooooo relieved. I always knew that she was a fighter.

'Good girl! If you had only known how many of us were rooting for you'.:mama:

Well, it seemed to go really well, I've named her 'Witta', and here is the video of her release into the tank (She starts chasing Cherry Shrimp at about 25 seconds....)

WITTA'S Release

I left the tank lights off and the room was still dim, I'll get some better pics and vids once I've switched the tank lights on tomorrow.

As she has been in the dark for two days, and is right now quite active, and may not yet have a place to sleep, so I as thinking about leaving some low blue light on overnight whilst she settles in then switch it off at 5.30 when i get ups, is that a good idea or not?

I dont think she wants to be in the dark just yet but I have to sleep asap

IMG_20201104_220612224.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_220612224.jpg
    IMG_20201104_220612224.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I've never been a fan of those 'moon lights', since fish can't close their eyes, darkness is important for them to help maintain their circadian rhythm.
The blue lights however can be good at phasing the main light on/off as its less stressful for the fish.

I've never been a fan of those 'moon lights', since fish can't close their eyes, darkness is important for them to help maintain their circadian rhythm.
The blue lights however can be good at phasing the main light on/off as its less stressful for the fish.

I wonder how was Witta's first night in her new home?:fish:

@Huscarl86 you should change the title to this thread ; Witta's Adventure & New Found life ! :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back