Betta tank, will this work?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Can you get a double stand and put the 10gal aquarium under the 60 gallon? Then you would also have space left over you could use for a shelf.

If you have slow moving water in your tank with lots of plants including floaters, you could have sparkling gourami and a big group of chili rasbora?

Can you get a double stand and put the 10gal aquarium under the 60 gallon? Then you would also have space left over you could use for a shelf.
That’s a good idea!!! I’ll have to check my floor and see if it will be able to support that much weight and if it does that’s a great idea.

I think I am going to do the betta, embers and the panda Cory’s. I don’t think keeping the kuhli’s and the Cory’s together is a good idea like some of you said. Still have to figure out if my floor can support the weight of the 10 gallon and 60, if it can I’ll put the betta in there.

Tetras and Bettas don't mix 🤦‍♀️

Ok I won’t do the betta in the tank I guess. I just figured it would be good with such a big tank. I’ll either have to put him in a 10 or 5 gallon. If I am able to get one at all. I might not have enough room for another tank.

For the ember tetras and the panda Cory’s how many should I have of each? Is there another species I could put in there as well? Maybe another schooling group or a show piece? Thanks for everyone’s help and advice!!

For the ember tetras and the panda Cory’s how many should I have of each? Is there another species I could put in there as well? Maybe another schooling group or a show piece? Thanks for everyone’s help and advice!!

In the 60g presumably, the cories should be in the 12-15 number, or more. You can mix species, but have several of each species, this does seem to be better. Embers I would do 20-25. You could reduce this down to 12-15 if other fish are intended...a 60g has a lot of space for these tiny fish.

In the 60g presumably, the cories should be in the 12-15 number, or more. You can mix species, but have several of each species, this does seem to be better. Embers I would do 20-25. You could reduce this down to 12-15 if other fish are intended...a 60g has a lot of space for these tiny fish.
What about for a 20 gallon? I am planning on getting a 60 gallon for peacocks and haps but my plans might change. The 20 gallon will be for Cory’s and tetras.

What about for a 20 gallon? I am planning on getting a 60 gallon for peacocks and haps but my plans might change. The 20 gallon will be for Cory’s and tetras.

Now you're in a very different situation. The 20g, is it the high (standard) or the long?

Last edited:
Now you're in a very different situation. The 20g, is it the high (standard) or the klong?
I want the long, because the high just looks like a taller 10 gallon or I might do a 29 gallon which I have in a garage in Colorado. We left is there when we moved to New York, but we are going to visit soon so I might see if I can grab it.

I want the long, because the high just looks like a taller 10 gallon or I might do a 29 gallon which I have in a garage in Colorado. We left is there when we moved to New York, but we are going to visit soon so I might see if I can grab it.
Good thinking on the long. Fish mostly swim laterally so the extra length benefits them more. And having a greater surface area means more gas exchange for oxygen and more room for floating plants.

Most reactions

Back