betta tank progress

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
070FC6E9-B69B-4E4A-9034-ACAB02BE798A.jpeg

before and after i tried making my tank natural. yes i know the fakeness is disgusting.
4AE79769-9CDF-4B36-84CF-46A113A9A19B.jpeg

this was like a month ago i added more plants and yes ik there is a lot of algae in that picture.

now i replaced those tiny dead pieces of hornwort and the new pieces are doing way better and i destroyed the moss balls because they might have zebra mussels.

of course i will always be trying to improve the tank but thatā€™s what it is for now.

Last edited:
Hello :) and :hi: to TFF,
The more plants, the less algae.
The more the plants, like a jungle including floating ones, the happier the Betta, the more he thrives. Alone.
That's the idea, isn't it? Make him a happy fish ;)
If you can provide your BettaFella such an quarium, including pH7 - GH (hardness) and KH (alkalinity) below 8 using reverse osmosis water or distilled water to lower parameters (if needed).

When did you cycle the tank (that looks much more better in natural mode šŸ‘šŸ‘ ) ?

You do well removing moss balls coz there aren't moss but algae. If they don't flourish, no problem. On the other hand it will invade your aquarium....

Hello :) and :hi: to TFF,

either iā€™m misunderstanding something (i tend to do that a lot) or iā€™m being dumb (i do that a lot too).

iā€™m not new to TFFā€¦.. ive been here longer than you in factā€¦.

thank you for the information. i do want to get him floaters someday and i cycled the tank back in august last year. i also want to get him more plants. iā€™ll post a pic of his tank once i get back from vacation.

Most reactions

trending

Back