Betta Tails And Colours

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

sorry it took so long to respond. My computer crashed. Anyway, I've tried to get a pic, to no avail. He moves too fast. But yes, I am sure he's male. He was a Walmart special, so who knows what his parentage is. He may be a mutt. I don't know much about breeding bettas. I usually breed guppies, but like to keep a betta or two around. I just think they look cool. Right now I have 3 bettas. two males, the one in question and a dark blue one, and a small female that has a white body and reddish orange finnage. Each is in its own 1 gallon jar, though they are placed in a triangle so they can all see each other, so the males will display better.

Oh can I have everyones opinion on what my betta is please? I'll describle him and post a photo later.

He is a spade tail; creamy body; the bits he puffs out behind his gills are red (sorry I dont know their name); the base of his fins are white (similar to his body) his fins are pinky and the ends of his fins are clear (but in the light neon blue); his tail also has stripes of neon blue going down. Also he has blue eyes (the surround of his eyes are neon blue too).

I think he fits a few descriptions but then I am a total betta newbie.

My Siamese is male and a double veil. His colour doesn't seem to crop up on here (I don't think); he was a dark blue with light blue tail/fins and red/pink on his front bottom fin. When he settled down, his head and just past his gills stayed dark blue and the rest of him (apart from the red front fin) has turned an amazing electric blue.

Does that make him a wild colour?

Thanks x

Ohh I found the colour my betta is;

Be6.jpg

But with red/pink on the front bottom fins

hi there, there is a link in my signature for variations, if the link doesnt work, type it intoi the address bar manually. i think it works then,x

hi there, there is a link in my signature for variations, if the link doesnt work, type it intoi the address bar manually. i think it works then,x

It's weird as he looks like a Royal Blue but he is starting to get the odd Turquoise coloring on his body *scratches head*

KEWl information i got a new crown tail today an early christmas present from one of my fish buddies I named him Goliath he is a red bi color all his fins are transparent

wonderful thread
good.gif
pinned?? yeah right!! they never pin anything on the betta section anymore but i think it should also be pinned.
crazy.gif
You have got to be kidding! I'm with you all this should be pinned,GREAT POST!
sick.gif
I see Discrimination exist
sick.gif
!!!!!!! I was shocked to see a thread on the Betta else where on this site
w00t.gif
It instantly excited Me!!!!!!!!! I'm new and I go str-8 to the Bettas when I log on, today I logged on and seen this
good.gif
And "Thats whats UP"
wink.gif

Get real AD. This is posted as a pin in the FAQ area of the forum. How is that discrimination?

IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG
Can anyone identify what type of tail this is? I would like to add that I just adopted this betta from a family that could no longer keep him. I know they had him for close to 3 years so he is a senior betta. I have no idea if this is the proper way to put this but his respiration rate is high and yesterday, the day he came to me, his tail seemed to be weighing him down and causing him to sink. I only have 3 months of fish experience. It all started one day at Walmart when I rescued 8 bettas. I know you may be thinking "I hope she did not put them together", I did not put any of the betta fish together and they all found great homes within 48 hours. I started educating myself on betta fish before even picking up one of the small plastic containers they were forced into. I ended up connecting with the least colorful betta that came home with me that day. He was very responsive to me, more so than the other 7 and so I believe he felt connected to me as well. Anyway he lives in a 10 gallon take now, he is loved, and he will always receive the best care from me. After the big rescue I would go back and get one or two and adopt them out to great homes. I connected with another betta so then there were two and now I have third, pictured below. I am constantly learning new things about betta fish and health is my main topic of research right now. The first day of health education I was certain my 2 bettas had every illness they could possibly get. After a veterinary consultation I learned they do not have every illness and I currently have 2 healthy fish. So now I am worried about the New guy (Freddy Murcury )

Most reactions

Back