Betta Splendin And Micropodis Hybridising

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lacostetriturus

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on this? I have female micropodus sphechti aka black paradise fish. Was looking to hybridise with plakats to start.

It is very unlikely they'll hybridise because they are not in the same genus - paradise fish are in the genus Macropodus while bettas are in the genus Betta.

It is sometimes possible for different species in the same genus to hybridise eg guppies (Poecilia reticulata) and endlers (Poecilia wingeii) do hybridise but that's because they are both in the genus Poecilia.

It is very unlikely they'll hybridise because they are not in the same genus - paradise fish are in the genus Macropodus while bettas are in the genus Betta.

It is sometimes possible for different species in the same genus to hybridise eg guppies (Poecilia reticulata) and endlers (poecilia wingeii) do hybridise but that's because they are both in the genus Poecilia.
Some of people say it is possible to hybrid them,but I can't believe them because all of their link is dead and I can't find any clue

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back