The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have used this product before and what their experience of it is?

http://www.oceannutrition.com/?post=atisons-betta-spa

I am thinking it might help my old Betta as I am planning to move him to a "retirement" tank.  He spends most of his time now sitting on the bottom and despite a regular maintenance schedule, including gravel-vac, he now seems prone to fin rot and fin melt!  He is between three and a half and four years old and is a veil-tail.

I have put most of the ingredients in the TAGS, and I already use IAL in my aquariums.

I have not personally used it but I have had friends who keep bettas use it with great success.  They seemed to really like it and used it for both spawning and recovery tanks.  Sorry to hear that your betta is having issues with getting old.  Hopefully something like this will help keep his fins in better shape.

Thanks Wildbetta this helps as I have been in contact with Ocean Nutrition directly and they are asking me what size I would like dropping off at one of my LFS's?  I will probably go for the largest size, seeing as it is considered worthwhile.  I had read good reports on it but it is always useful knowing what other experienced fish-keepers think of a product.

It is such a battle with my oldie, I can go and look at him one day and it is like his fins are just giving way on him, despite regular maintenance etc.  Hence I want to put him in a tank with no substrate and things that can help him rest higher up the tank hopefully i.e. a retirement home ;)

I thought it maybe of interest to you all to see the email I sent to Ocean Nutrition regarding this product:

Question:

I recently purchased a large bottle of your Betta Spa product. As an owner of many Bettas I am interested in what research went into making this product please i.e. can you tell me why you chose to add salt for example? Just interested as someone who likes to understand the reasoning behind the products I use for my fish. Many Thanks

This form was sent on 08/04/2013 18:37:54.

Response:

Date: 9 April 2013 21:55
Subject: RE: Betta Spa Research

Thank you for using our products!

The Betta Spa is on the market for more than 10 years now and has a very nice track record. A lot of breeders around the world are using this conditioner. Unfortunately, we cannot disclose information related to the ingredients. The formulation is very complex and a lot of ingredients interact with each other.

Please find on the below link our Betta Flyer with information about all Betta-products.
http://www.oceannutrition.eu/uploadfiles/FILE_FE5732C9-CED7-4525-9922-B65435F05EEA.PDF

Kind regards,
Erik

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back