Betta Smaragdinas.....

Devorax

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just found a small group of these fish for sale and was wondering if the advice given by the seller was accurate. They claim that these bettas can be kept in groups (males included) WITHOUT ripping each other up. Is this true? How common are these fish?
BPbUFfQBGkKGrHgoH-CcEjlLlzSkuBJznol.jpg

This is what they look like.....any thoughts people?

I was wondering though, since they seem more tolerant of their own species, why haven't we seen the level of humanised forms of these fish as we do of B. Splendens? Nothing against our fave B.Splendens but surely if they are more amicable, wouldn't we rather have these fish as they will fight almost never? If someone stuck at it and 'created' the variety in B.Smaragdinas that we see in B.Splendens, wouldn't they be the better fish to have? I don't want to start a fight here, just wondering why it hasn't been done, that's all.

B. splendens has actually been selectively bred to be so aggressive, the breeding for aggression (to create fish as a gambling sport) began long before breeding for colour and finnage.

B. splendens has actually been selectively bred to be so aggressive, the breeding for aggression (to create fish as a gambling sport) began long before breeding for colour and finnage.

i had those and they are great fish! they are also eaisier to breed than B.splendens, you can also,(with skill) cross them with B.splendens to get a less aggressive B.splendens, with all the color.

they love floating plants and grasses in the bottom , if you do get them make them at home! :good:

Oooh i have wanted some more of these for ages!!! Such beautiful fish. If you have the chance i say go for them, they are great little fish

Well, I've missed out on them now, they were on Ebay, sold for £15 & £7 p+p I think, never mind. Still, if I see any more, I'll sure give it a go at getting them.

Edit:-Devon_Charm, next time I see them, I'll let you know, I'll give you first shot before I have a go at getting them...lol

Aww thats really sweet of you hun. If you want a pair go for it, but if you decide not to then let me know and i will go for them myself :) Wouldn't want you to go without as you've not had the pleasure of this sweet little fish yet :)

Most reactions

trending

Back