Betta pinholes in fin, finrot?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jackiejac

Reaction score
hi, so recently my betta was moved from a 2.5 to a 10 gallon tank, the first 3 days were a success but i decided to get him some tank mates & ended up going with some small ghost shrimp & a cory catfish, he was a little aggressive so I decided to let him get used to them first & used the floating container method but when I was watching him in his container on top of the tank I noticed a small pinhole in his tail, so i did some research & learned about finrot & decided to remove any plants that came off as sharp, anyways today i let him free & while observing him I noticed tissue grew back over his hole & that it was smaller then before! Which was a relief, anyways he was very chill with his mates, rarely chased them but didnt nipp them so I decided he was ready to live along side them & left him for about 7 hours, later I come back to find out two bigger pinholes! One twice as big as the first one, He's swiming ok & he ain't acting up, but one small concern is that he's an early sleeper & rn its 1am in the morn & He's still swimming around his tank? He has a filter & temp is at 80° tomorrow I'm planning on doing a full water change & maybe quarantine him but if not use the drip acclimate method, please if you recommend anysort of medicine please give a little info on where to start! Thanks.

Can you please answer the following questions.

How big is the tank?
Has it got a heater? What is it set to?
Has it got a filter?
How strong is the current?
Is it cycled?
How often do you change water?
How much water do you change?
Do you vacuum the substrate?
What additives or chemicals do you use? Eg De Chlorinator?
Do you use tap or bottled water? If bottled water please give us the brand.
Do you have a water test kit?
Can you tell us the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
When you clean the tank can you tell us exactly what you do.
What do you feed him? how much? how often?
Any tank mates? What sort how many?
How long have you had the Betta?
Has he got a history of illness?
Any plants or decorations? Please give details?
Can you provide a close up photo of the fish?
Can you provide a photo of the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back