Betta mysterious behavior/ailment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

max22

Reaction score
Today after the medding of my betta's tank for fin rot I finally replaced the substrate and decorations with plants and nicer gravel. I did a full water change as well. Shortly after putting him in he started off exploring but as I was watching him from a distance he darted back then to the back corner of the tank. He was as far in the corner as he could go he kept balling up and assuming strang positions, occasionally he would come up for air and seem fairly normal then he would swim back into the corner. He kept his face in the corner Ammonia levels were 0, which canceled out ammonia burns. However, I added the new search gravel substrate and it made the tank pretty cloudly after it got to where I could see everything in the tank I put him in. The temp was at most a 2-degree difference but I acclimated him anyways. I removed him and put him back in a 2.2 gal hospital tank that is clear as day and he began to act a little more normal but cowering in fear or at least it seems that way. I am assuming it the transition and stress of a new home. If anyone has any ideas of what it is or how to stop it let me know. This is my betta buddy Ritz I'm very worried.

Today after the medding of my betta's tank for fin rot I finally replaced the substrate and decorations with plants and nicer gravel. I did a full water change as well. Shortly after putting him in he started off exploring but as I was watching him from a distance he darted back then to the back corner of the tank. He was as far in the corner as he could go he kept balling up and assuming strang positions, occasionally he would come up for air and seem fairly normal then he would swim back into the corner. He kept his face in the corner Ammonia levels were 0, which canceled out ammonia burns. However, I added the new search gravel substrate and it made the tank pretty cloudly after it got to where I could see everything in the tank I put him in. The temp was at most a 2-degree difference but I acclimated him anyways. I removed him and put him back in a 2.2 gal hospital tank that is clear as day and he began to act a little more normal but cowering in fear or at least it seems that way. I am assuming it the transition and stress of a new home. If anyone has any ideas of what it is or how to stop it let me know. This is my betta buddy Ritz I'm very worried.
Did you check your other parameters? Nitrite, nitrate, PH etc?” It has to be something in the water chemistry. What kind of gravel?

you overdosed the tank, do a partial water change.

the best thing for mild cases of fin rot is big daily water changes and gravel cleaning the substrate.

you overdosed the tank, do a partial water change.

the best thing for mild cases of fin rot is big daily water changes and gravel cleaning the substrate.
Wow! I completely missed the med part. Thanks for catching that, Colin.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back