Betta In A 10g?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hives

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, ive just given my mate my smaller old 10g tank, with it he has a light, fluval 1, heater and gravel... basicly he wants to get a betta for it but every better picture you see there always in a tiny tank 2g`s max really but can he put a betta in this 10g on its own? and if so with or without gravel? thanks

Fine to put in by his own i belive maybe get a few females to go wtih him.
Sand is better than gravel for betta's and normally cheaper :p

First, don't put any females in with a male betta. Seriously, he could kill them.

Bettas will do fine in a 10 gallon. Make sure there isn't too much current, bettas don't cope well with current. Also make sure they're either alone or with compatible tankmates (a trio of cories, for example).

Hello

I recently got a larger tank, so my smaller 12 Uk gallon tank is now home to my veil tail Betta Bertie :wub: and 4 Peppered Cory's, and i have to say it is the happiest i have ever seen him, he use to live in a 5 UK gallon tank on his own, but he seems much happier now, think its because there is plenty of room but also lots of places to hide and hunt snails, which he never use to do in the other tank :D

Claire

Fine to put in by his own i belive maybe get a few females to go wtih him.
Sand is better than gravel for betta's and normally cheaper :p

NOOOOO!!! He'll probably harass the females. You could get a some snails and plants... corys, Or you could put a divider in and get another betta...

*holds out gun with one bullet in chamber*
It may or may not kill you if you pull the trigger...but just try it...it didn't hurt me when I did it.

I dunno why people insist on putting bettas with other fish...but it's a gamble everytime you do it.

If you want more then 1 fish in a betta tank...either have a female community (which I still don't absolutely agree with..because they still pick on each other) or divide it up 3 ways and have 3 fish. Or get the wild species of bettas that will tolorate each other. :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Back