Betta help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Still eats well and hangs w/ tank mates... doesnt pick on anyone but heā€™s stoll doing the darting around a little.
After a couple hour of me being gone heā€™ll always swim up to the front of the tank (heā€™s learned thats usually when he gets fed is when iā€™m gone for a while haha) so heā€™s still active and doesnt seem horribly stressed... iā€™m just used to bettas bein more chill

My GH has been soft the whole time my KH is now pretty low it used to be harder...
You think aquarium salt would help? Or maybe adding the seachem regulator to water changes?

I have a friend who is a professional in the field of fishkeeping (university researcher) and he told me I should add a little API Aquarium Salt to my RO water to avoid problems with osmoregulation. He also recommended adding some seachem equilibrium to water changes or crushed coral to raise the GH and KH a little. I try to keep my GH and KH above 3dGH at least. It seems to be working well for me so far.

ph: 7.0
Kh: <80 but >40
Gh: <30 almost 0
Nitrite: <0.5 (iā€™d say 0)
Nitrate: <20 on my scale (again looks white so iā€™d say 0)
Update havent done much the last couple of days besides a water change... he is swimming around the tank more and doing the darting less but heā€™ll still do it every once in a while. Havent had a chance to grab aquarium salt or anything like that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back