Betta has changed/lost colour??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Latia

Reaction score
Hey! So Iā€™ve had my guy for nearly 2 months now, heā€™s in a 40Litre wide tank with live plants, rocks and all that.

I bought him from an aquarium and he was a HUGE fish compared to the others, heā€™s pretty much as long as my index finger. He was listed as Mustard Gas and he did have a little pale yellow to his fins (in the first pic the small tank was temp a few weeks after his yellow turned completely black with slight translucency. I thought maybe I wasnā€™t giving him the best food so, on top of blood worms and Hikari Bio-Gold betta pellets i began to give him live black worms which he loves.
C43EA36D-5FF6-4D39-9BF8-B57B106709E1.jpeg

the tank has been fully cycled and is heavily planted, itā€™s heated and all that, he lives with some corydoras and neon tetras and has never been aggressive, Iā€™ve never seen him flare (and I have other bettas in the tank next to his, but he is active and follows my finger and camera everywhere. This is him as of today:
DA1EB46C-1DF3-4160-ADA6-BAE715A17C98.jpeg

is it possible that he could be the kind of betta that changes colour? Or is there something Iā€™m not picking up?

Hey! So Iā€™ve had my guy for nearly 2 months now, heā€™s in a 40Litre wide tank with live plants, rocks and all that.

I bought him from an aquarium and he was a HUGE fish compared to the others, heā€™s pretty much as long as my index finger. He was listed as Mustard Gas and he did have a little pale yellow to his fins (in the first pic the small tank was temp a few weeks after his yellow turned completely black with slight translucency. I thought maybe I wasnā€™t giving him the best food so, on top of blood worms and Hikari Bio-Gold betta pellets i began to give him live black worms which he loves.
View attachment 104571
the tank has been fully cycled and is heavily planted, itā€™s heated and all that, he lives with some corydoras and neon tetras and has never been aggressive, Iā€™ve never seen him flare (and I have other bettas in the tank next to his, but he is active and follows my finger and camera everywhere. This is him as of today:
View attachment 104572

is it possible that he could be the kind of betta that changes colour? Or is there something Iā€™m not picking up?
What are your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, PH, KH/GH? His fins look a little tattered.

What are your ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, PH, KH/GH? His fins look a little tattered.
My PH is 7.2, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates are at 0 as the tank is cycled.
Gh is about 100ppm.
His top fins have always had that almost crown tail shape, he had no fin rot and none were f the tetras have nipped him.

also want to say that I donā€™t know how old he was when I got him.

Do you have live plants? The nitrates should be higher than 0 if the tank is cycled

My PH is 7.2, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates are at 0 as the tank is cycled.
Gh is about 100ppm.
His top fins have always had that almost crown tail shape, he had no fin rot and none were f the tetras have nipped him.

also want to say that I donā€™t know how old he was when I got him.
Can we get a full pic of the tank?

Iā€™d check my nitrates again as the plants in your tank arenā€™t enough to eat up all of the nitrates. Makes me question if you lost your cycle. Looking nice though. :)

I think you should have some nitrates in your tank, but I am new.
I also think your betta looks cooler now, black and teal, and resembles a crowntail hybrid or something lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back