Betta fish vs. Community aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AfternoonNarwhale

Reaction score
I would really like to get come fish, but I can't decide what.. I love bettas, they have such cute little faces and personalities BUT they aren't super active and I would like to have more than one fish.... I don't get a betta I'm definitely having a community tank. They are probably much more fun than a single fish...

Also, I've never had fish before so Idk. What do you recommend?

Bettas are very active! Mine swims around all day long and never rests except at night. Only bettas with huge fins like halfmoons, rosetails, and feathertails tend to be inactive because they have trouble swimming. Other than that bettas are amazing fish to keep.

You can even teach them tricks! I have taught mine to follow my finger, jump, come when I tap on the glass, and swim through a hoop. Right now I am in the process of teaching him how to play soccer and flare on command, and he is learning really quickly!

Bettas are amazing and are certainly not boring in any way. They are also pretty easy to care for so would probably be a good idea for a new fishkeeper.

We need to know what size tank you are considering? We can then recommend some fish to you. If it’s only a 10 gallon then go with the betta only. If larger there are others to consider.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back