Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Betta fish vs. Community aquarium

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by AfternoonNarwhale, Aug 2, 2019.

1. AfternoonNarwhale

AfternoonNarwhale New Member

I would really like to get come fish, but I can't decide what.. I love bettas, they have such cute little faces and personalities BUT they aren't super active and I would like to have more than one fish.... I don't get a betta I'm definitely having a community tank. They are probably much more fun than a single fish...

Also, I've never had fish before so Idk. What do you recommend?

2. FishFinatic77

FishFinatic77 Fish Crazy

Bettas are very active! Mine swims around all day long and never rests except at night. Only bettas with huge fins like halfmoons, rosetails, and feathertails tend to be inactive because they have trouble swimming. Other than that bettas are amazing fish to keep.

You can even teach them tricks! I have taught mine to follow my finger, jump, come when I tap on the glass, and swim through a hoop. Right now I am in the process of teaching him how to play soccer and flare on command, and he is learning really quickly!

Bettas are amazing and are certainly not boring in any way. They are also pretty easy to care for so would probably be a good idea for a new fishkeeper.

3. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

We need to know what size tank you are considering? We can then recommend some fish to you. If it’s only a 10 gallon then go with the betta only. If larger there are others to consider.