Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Anyone? @PheonixKingZ @TheTenthDoctor @Deanasue @Colin_T
717B3268-657C-4757-A006-1B22C4C34C1D.jpeg
998134E4-A24C-4A9C-B4BA-5F200EBA13ED.jpeg
B64201E0-0ABD-47CC-BE07-C99C145579A3.jpeg

You know the routine. Daily 70% water changes. 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt dissolved per every 5 gallons of water the first day. After 1st day 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt after 70% water change. Do for 10 days. If not better after 5 days, you will need a medication that fights bacterial infection such as Furan-2. Good luck!

You know the routine. Daily 70% water changes. 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt dissolved per every 5 gallons of water the first day. After 1st day 3/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt after 70% water change. Do for 10 days. If not better after 5 days, you will need a medication that fights bacterial infection such as Furan-2. Good luck!
Before going into more hardcore medicine if the salt doesn’t work, try melafix, works well.

I use jungle fungus clear and salt right now.

This is his Qt tank.
Ah okay, that's good! I just thought I remembered from last time that you had him in a small tank without a filter? What's his main tank like and how often do you water change usually?

Ah okay, that's good! I just thought I remembered from last time that you had him in a small tank without a filter? What's his main tank like and how often do you water change usually?
Well, 2.5 gal with sand as substrate and tons of anacharis, no filter but do 50% water changes every 3 days.

Well, 2.5 gal with sand as substrate and tons of anacharis, no filter but do 50% water changes every 3 days.
Maybe it's time to upgrade to a larger tank with a filter? Just trying to think of causes for him getting fin rot twice.

Sponge or HOB?
personally I like sponges, good aeration, simple and easy maintenance, low flow for a small tank and fish that don't like a lot of flow like bettas, but a HOB could work too as long as the output didn't cause too much flow for him. Comes down to the filter you choose and what you prefer really.

Sorry for the late reply.

He doesn’t look so good... I agree with @Deanasue on the treatment - clean water is key.

Why would you move him to a QT tank? Are there other fish on his original tank?

Most reactions

Back