Betta 10 gallon tankmates

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

eazye2248

Reaction score
I have a male half moon betta within a 10 gallon tank for about a month now. He seems to have established himself well in it. I am adding small mopai drift wood in there along iwth two betta bulbs growing in the back of it. Additonally, am planning to add one or two more plants most likely java moss once the drift wood is establish along with hortwort too. I was however looking to know if pygmy cory catfish would be a good fit as a tank mate with a snail too? Also, how would I introduce them into the tank in the coming weeks?
Thanks

Personally I would not go with pygmy cories. These need a group of at least 10 (all three dwarf cory species need big groups) and I wouldn't like to confine them to 10 gallons.
Bettas are best kept on their own. Snails are usually fine with them, though there are reports of some bettas biting the antennae off apple (mystery) snails. Nerites are quite safe, I've always kept nerites with my bettas.

I concur. A male Betta is not a community fish. Sometimes cories can work (but certainly not always, so it is still a risk) but the tank space excludes these anyway, and pygmy cories are rather delicate and like to swim in the upper water column a lot, where they can easily annoy the Betta.

You could get him a marimo moss ball. I have several and from my research Betta are suppose to like them. When I had Betta I would keep them pretty much alone in 5-10 gallon tanks. I agree with @essjay and @Byron

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back