Best Way To Completely Revamp Tank?

xweeqtx

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
942
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland, Nr Glasgow
After searching and searching I finally came across black sand in a shop for a decent price today. So probably end of the month, I'll be changing over from regular play sand to this.

But, I need to know the best way of doing this. Obviously everything needs to come out - but apart from numerous buckets of water - whats the best way to save majority of the tank water during the change? and get all the sand out of there. Really wanting to give the tank a proper clean on the inside if it's possible.

So, ideas? :unsure:
 
put all the water in the bath? or buy a big water barrell?

but you could just save half and add 50% declor :)
 
Definitely don't put it in the bath. Soap scum would basically make it useless. You really only need to save about half of it which equates to a 50% water change. Buckets will work or you can probably go to a home improvement store and get a larger container. I bought a 16 gallon one a while back when I did my 29 gallon. Can't remember what I paid for it but wasn't expensive. You can always use it for other purposes (such as a heavy duty laundry basket and it's great for soaking driftwood) after you're finished.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top