Best Way To Build A Stand?

Weimster

Fishaholic
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
509
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
East Yorkshire
I have a 4x2x2 tank which I'm putting in my garage to grow some young fish on. I plan to use a simple design but I'm not sure if 4x2" wood will be ok? How many supports should I go for and what is the best wood to actually rest the tank on please?

Thanks
 
I'm building a stand as well :good: I've asked ?'s already. 2 X 4 is good and you'll want at least 6 supports. I've read of alot of people using mdf as the wood to rest the tank on. I think this is a pretty good guide We're only doing 6 supports and not 12, but my tank is only 5 feet by 18 inches wide. Hope this gives you and idea.

Here's my ?'s I asked. Go down a little a farther. The beginning talks about which tank to use for SW and the sump. Post 15 starts w/good building advice.
 
You're :hi: . If you can or think of it, take some pics as you go and post them for reference for other people to! I'm going to when we actually start building.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top