“Best“ type of Cory cat?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Then i would opt for aeneus. They can handle hard water where many others cannot :)

And you wouldnt be disappointed with their antics. Very social, very active. And very affordable.

pH is 7.4-7.6. GH is... I’m not sure? I found this: “Kentucky has water that ranges from moderately hard to very hard with an average water hardness measure of 112 PPM. Some cities with high calcium deposits are Lexington (215 PPM) and Frankfort (190 PPM).” (I live closer to Frankfort than I do Lexington)

So I guess my GH is 190ppm...?

I thought the GH had been resolved in another thread a few weeks back? You should write it down. If it is closer to 112 ppm (= 6 dGH) that is fine for any species of cory.

I thought the GH had been resolved in another thread a few weeks back? You should write it down. If it is closer to 112 ppm (= 6 dGH) that is fine for any species of cory.
Yes, it is around 112 ppm. (I will go right that down now)

You should keep a notebook. Most of us do. :)

I use an App on my phone to record all of my water parameters. It can even graph your results over time so you can observe any trends that might be going on. You can record your Livestock, Equipment, Maintenance Routine and even set reminders for yourself for things like water changes, or other maintenance, etc... It also includes a Dosing Calculator to help you calculate how much water conditioner, fertilizer, etc.. to add (based on package instructions and your tanks volume..which you can also calculate using the App) It is Amazing and I imagine would be Very Helpful for anyone who has multiple tanks, as you can set up a profile for each tank and its water parameters, and even set separate reminders for each tank... I only have two tank right now, a 5.5 Gal with a Beta, and my 55 gal that is currently cycling, but I caught the "bug"... I think I have MTS :p (I feel the symptoms coming on... lol), so the App will be very helpful for me, moving forward, as I will likely get another tank down the road... :)

The App was free and it is awesome!: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dyhwang.aquariumnote&hl=en_US

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back