FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I am looking into getting 6-8 Cory cats for my 29g tank!

I have fallen in love with Julii Cory cats. Would these work? Do you guys have any suggestions on other specimens?

I like corydoras similis best

I looked them up, they are really cute! (They are also a tad more expensive than I would like) :/
So you definitely wouldnt be interested in adolfoi corydoras ;) those are expensive

I only ever had aeneus cory so far and I really like them but I also really like panda cory, sterbai cory and hasbrosus cory
I’m actually going to go call my LFS and check the prices. Be right back. :)

I am looking into getting 6-8 Cory cats for my 29g tank!

I have fallen in love with Julii Cory cats. Would these work? Do you guys have any suggestions on other specimens?
I have bronze, panda, and albino. Surprisingly, the albinos turned out to be my fav. They are crazy funny!

Julii will actually be trilineatus, even if the shop labels them julii. Just a heads up. Julii is actually rare in the hobby, not collected often.

Trilineatus looks near identical so they slap that label on it to make it sound rarer :p

But a very good cory choice. Theyre cute, theyre active, and pretty hardy. Plus their temperature range is usually where many other common tankmates enjoy too. In a 29 gal, you could easily enjoy up to 12, as theyre not a large cory. Females are bigger, but even then, just over 2 inches. Smaller than aeneus and paleatus (the other more common ones you will find)

received_562125764413531.jpeg
received_435611333928686.jpeg
received_641196736678390.jpeg

You often find what they call “False Julli’s”. Look almost line the real thing. EBay usually has some real Julli’s.

I have peppers, bronze and albino’s. Peppers are abit more shy but I must say mine have come out a lot more lately. You want personality and craziness albino’s are your little guys. Bronze are just as naughty too

What are your water parameters, GH and pH. Most of the commonly available cories (Corydoras aeneus, C.paleatus, C. sterbai, C. panda, and a few others) will manage in somewhat harder water than will wild caught species.

What are your water parameters, GH and pH. Most of the commonly available cories (Corydoras aeneus, C.paleatus, C. sterbai, C. panda, and a few others) will manage in somewhat harder water than will wild caught species.
pH is 7.4-7.6. GH is... I’m not sure? I found this: “Kentucky has water that ranges from moderately hard to very hard with an average water hardness measure of 112 PPM. Some cities with high calcium deposits are Lexington (215 PPM) and Frankfort (190 PPM).” (I live closer to Frankfort than I do Lexington)

So I guess my GH is 190ppm...?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back