Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best food to feed guppies?

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Amylynn, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Amylynn

Amylynn New Member

I have a total of 4 guppies in a 10 gallon tank. I have a filter & heater, gravel & some plants. Just reading things and trying to figure out the best food for them. I have Omega One frozen blood worms, micro pellets semi-floating & topfin tropical flakes. We put a pinch in 2x's a day of either the pellets or flakes. I use the worms here and there for a treat but just read their heads can be hard to digest & am wondering if that is what is going on with my one guppy that is bloated & has a spot on his side (see other post - Can someone help dave my guppy). Want to make sure i am giving them good quality food & trying to avoid digestive issues. Tx!

2. Jessie J.

Jessie J. Fish Crazy

They should be fed small amounts of flake food once or twice a day, and maybe a few bloodworms up to three times a week. Make sure that their bellies don't get excessively large after feeding; if so thin out the feedings and put them farther apart, and don't feed that much. Good luck!

3. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

can you post a picture and maybe a short 20 second video of Dave?