Best Ceiling Light To Use Inside A Fishroom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I have removed everything from the fishroom to do a complete make-over... It used to be just 'n brick building in the corner of the garden, but I'm having it plastered out... painted in bright white... all air bricks sealed... roof insulated to keep the heat in..... full carpeting on the floors... additional electrical plugs fitted to all walls.....fan heater installed on temp control thermostat..and... replacing the one incandescent light bulb currently illuminating the room....

My question is.... What would be the best illumination to install in the room to provide adequate lighting for those tanks not fitted with their own lights??.... I plan to set up around 30 tanks inside the fishroom....

30 tanks, I see my LFS using LED bars, Cheap and does the job with low electric bills.

It depends on whether you are trying to help low light plants or not as to what lighting you should choose. But I noticed one missing item on your list that you may want to consider, a dehumidifier. In my space where plants don't matter, I use plain old fluorescents.

I would also suggest you consider a bare floor that slopes gently to a floor drain. This will do wonders when you over flow a tank or a bucket etc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back