Best Air Pumps?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
well I am looking into getting myself an air pump tomorrow and am thinking Tetra Whisper for a 40 gallon since i plan to run 2 sponge filters at the same time for both of my tanks. just thinking extra filtration.
 
I have used nearly all the top brand air pumps that are available on the market. And they do not get any better than the eheim air pumps these http://www.thelivingseas.uk.com/p/474600/e...4-air-pump.html they are alot more quiet than the tetra whisper you wouldnt even know it was on. The teras have a habbit of vibrating along the floor and vibrate off of the side of the cabinet where as the eheim stay still they are the best imo opinion air pumps on the market that you cant go wrong with and there cheaper than the whisper which is good for eheim.
 
what size pump should I use to use 1-2 sponge filters and maybe 1-2 bubble wands to create a bubble wall in my 10 gallon.
 
I've never had a silent airpump not even Rena, they vibrate on something or other, does my nut in
 
ive got a tetra air pump and im replacing it soon as. ive had to wrap it in tea towels it does my head in vibrates like hell
 
ive got a tetra air pump and im replacing it soon as. ive had to wrap it in tea towels it does my head in vibrates like hell

Tried it mate, they all do my head in, I can't bear that hum. I just got rid in the end, think I tried a 50 and a 100 in the Rena, also tried Hydor but its a shame cos I really wanted a bubble stream in my tanks.
 
I have three tanks. All with dual outlet air pumps. I have gone through two Aqua One pumps and wnt get another. The motor burns out to quickly. I find the single air pumps vibrate across the tank or floor because they are small so a double one is best. I have two bubblers in each tank and in my cichlid tank i have a bibble and internal filter going (aswell as the external filter) The internal filter and bubbler run off the same air pump. My three pumps are Elite 802. The hum while not silent is very quiet and its a good solid pump so doesnt move.
 
MWood, I read a lot of people's opinions about the whisper air pumps being quiet so I got a couple. They seem very noisy compared to my Renas. I was looking because the Rena was not quiet enough but the whispers were much worse.
 
I have used nearly all the top brand air pumps that are available on the market. And they do not get any better than the eheim air pumps these <a href="http://www.thelivingseas.uk.com/p/474600/e...4-air-pump.html" target="_blank">http://www.thelivingseas.uk.com/p/474600/e...4-air-pump.html</a> they are alot more quiet than the tetra whisper you wouldnt even know it was on. The teras have a habbit of vibrating along the floor and vibrate off of the side of the cabinet where as the eheim stay still they are the best imo opinion air pumps on the market that you cant go wrong with and there cheaper than the whisper which is good for eheim.
Totally agree i got an ehiem and it's absolutely brilliant you can't hear it at all and it's good quality too and has a dail which allows you to control how much air goes out.
 
My air pumps are comparable to the noise my filters make. I have 5 tanks in my room so noise is an issue for me. Idk what brands I use
 

Most reactions

Back
Top