Bemidji and Park Rapids Walmart When they Had Fish Review

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NearMeBettas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
If you didn't already know, Walmart used to sell fish.

Literally, half of the fish were dead when I came to visit.

It took me at least a half hour to find someone to net them.

No one that I dealt with knew a thing about fish.

They had a small wall of 10-gallon tanks cramped with fish and unstable stacks of tiny betta fish cups on a shelf.

They had an extremely small selection of goldfish, cichlids, inverts, glo fish, bettas, tetra, danios and rasboras.

They were full of fungus, ich, fin rot, and parasites. I had never brought home so many diseases. A complete regret!!

Fish were moderately priced.

0 stars, I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone. I was extremely excited when they stopped selling fish.

Ew... Now theres a store that should just never sell fish.
I remember when they did. I always would take a look. Even though I knew nothing about aquarium keeping at the time of them selling fish, I always knew that they had horrible set ups. There would be dead fish all the time and when I brought it up to an employee he said: "Yah they always are doing that. Its normal. I just forgot to remove them".... I knew barely anything about aquariums then but what he said disturbed me.
I was celebrating when they stopped selling the fish at walmart. I don't get why they even needed to try selling fish

Ew... Now theres a store that should just never sell fish.
I remember when they did. I always would take a look. Even though I knew nothing about aquarium keeping at the time of them selling fish, I always knew that they had horrible set ups. There would be dead fish all the time and when I brought it up to an employee he said: "Yah they always are doing that. Its normal. I just forgot to remove them".... I knew barely anything about aquariums then but what he said disturbed me.
I was celebrating when they stopped selling the fish at walmart. I don't get why they even needed to try selling fish
Ya, it was a very poor decision.

Back when the hobby was very popular, every Walmart type store had a fish department. Walmart were the last holdout, but they were part of a long tradition of general goods and department stores selling dying fish at low prices. Others have picked up the slack in that side of the trade...

The scary thing is locally, just before they stopped selling fish, they actually had a good selection of pending corpses. They had Farlowella catfish, sparkling gouramis and rainbows, all two steps ahead of decomposition. I know a veterinary student who liked to buy his diseases, I mean fish there.

I don't know where Bemidji or Park Rapids are, but I hope there's a non chain store there.

Back when the hobby was very popular, every Walmart type store had a fish department. Walmart were the last holdout, but they were part of a long tradition of general goods and department stores selling dying fish at low prices. Others have picked up the slack in that side of the trade...

The scary thing is locally, just before they stopped selling fish, they actually had a good selection of pending corpses. They had Farlowella catfish, sparkling gouramis and rainbows, all two steps ahead of decomposition. I know a veterinary student who liked to buy his diseases, I mean fish there.

I don't know where Bemidji or Park Rapids are, but I hope there's a non chain store there.
Pet Zone is the only one in Bemidji, but they are sadly no better if not worse. They are also the closest to Park Rapids as they do not have any Pet stores.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back