Belkin N+ Wireless Router---- What Modem?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Virgin always provide a modem. you cant get one, that works, from anyone else.

thats BS
I am with virgin and I use my belkin router modem.
all you need is your user name and password from virgin

no m8, that's BS. the only modem that will work with a virgin cable, connection. is the one virgin send you. unless you buy a "chipped" unit.
incidentally there is no such thing as a virgin BB password. its a simple "alwasy on" connection after the modem they send you is registered.

though, virgin may offer ASDL connections in regions they haven on cable network. but they will tell you, you are not on a cable network.

here is a list of the only modems that work with a virgin "cable" connection (even so it must be provided by virgin, as the site says. you cannot buy your own). reading through the rest of the site, will confirm my comments.
virgin modems

my bad :blush: , didnt see the issue was with a cable connection

ok well the current modem/router is a D-link DSL- G624T. blimey i didn't know this is all so confusing haha ermm but yer thanks alot guys i couldn't do this with out you... btw i already have a router its the belkin i mentioned before like its purchased but the instructions say it needs a modem to be connected to as it has no adsl connection thing.

ok well the current modem/router is a D-link DSL- G624T. blimey i didn't know this is all so confusing haha ermm but yer thanks alot guys i couldn't do this with out you... btw i already have a router its the belkin i mentioned before like its purchased but the instructions say it needs a modem to be connected to as it has no adsl connection thing.

I'm really surprised you never got a virgin modem with the install. If I remember rightly though they are sometimes sent after the install, so maybe it'll turn up in a few days if you've just had the install guys round recently...otherwise give virgin a ring. So does the cable that virgin put in, have nothing on the end of it,....simply a cable with a silver type connection on the end or does it plus into a blue or silver box (colour may differ)?
Buying a router for your virgin line is pretty simple, the only thing you need to take note of it whether the router is for ADSL or Cable, you need a cable one. If you search amazon for 'cable router' that should make life even simpler for you. However, even with the cable router if you don't have the modem from Virgin you won't get online.

Most reactions

Back