Beginners Questions

I will most likely buy it/ fish on Friday
I agree with Byron, please don't buy the tank and fish on the same day or you will quite likely find you are doing a fish-in cycle which is hard work with its daily water changes.

You need to set up the tank, put the plants in then wait until the plants are actively growing before getting fish. Taking a photo of the tank as soon as it's been set up gives you something to compare the plants to as they grow.

I agree with Byron, please don't buy the tank and fish on the same day or you will quite likely find you are doing a fish-in cycle which is hard work with its daily water changes.

You need to set up the tank, put the plants in then wait until the plants are actively growing before getting fish. Taking a photo of the tank as soon as it's been set up gives you something to compare the plants to as they grow.
Dont buy fish until the tanks cycled please.
Alight after reading my original post I have see how the slash mark may have been confusing, and that is an error on my part. I planned on buying the tank now as it is on sale and the fish on black friday… not sure if there will be any sale but if I go on Black Friday I can get some nice decor.
Thanks and sorry for confusion :)

Just to make sure we are on the same page, as Black Friday is a week tomorrow I think--you want the tank, substrate, plants, heater and filter set up several days before any fish are considered. The plants need to be showing signs of growth...if you acquire floating plants today, they should (maybe) be doing this by next Friday (week). If they are then growing, adding fish is OK. Floating plants are the best for this as they get going quickly and are fast growing.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, as Black Friday is a week tomorrow I think--you want the tank, substrate, plants, heater and filter set up several days before any fish are considered. The plants need to be showing signs of growth...if you acquire floating plants today, they should (maybe) be doing this by next Friday (week). If they are then growing, adding fish is OK. Floating plants are the best for this as they get going quickly and are fast growing.
This should be your plan. More floating plants than rooted will get you up and running quicker. Patience is reqd if you don’t want to be holding a lot of fish funerals.

Most reactions

Back