In response to a "selling all my fish" topic on a local forum, I braved a trip to the traffic laden Johannesburg yesterday after having secured a package deal with the guy advertising.....
It was a 3 & a half hours drive to get to his place only to be told that this one & that one had already been sold (which formed part of my negotiated package deal)
I looked at what he had left & decided on 4 Albino Oscars and 3 Jack Dempseys, (the original package contained about 14 fish)...... It took him the best part of almost 3 hours just to catch the 4 Oscars, so I decided to leave the Dempseys...... He was chasing the fish with a net, & when they go behind a rock, he would remove the rock & chase the fish again until it goes behind another rock, then replacing the first rock..... He'd take out the 2nd rock and repeat the procedure.... (endlessly!!!)
Please make sure that when you secure a deal with someone... You keep the fish agreed upon, and remove every obstruction in the tank to make for easy catching by the time the person arrives.....
This was most frustrating, & I wasted a whole Saturday, just to get 4 Oscars.....
It was a 3 & a half hours drive to get to his place only to be told that this one & that one had already been sold (which formed part of my negotiated package deal)
I looked at what he had left & decided on 4 Albino Oscars and 3 Jack Dempseys, (the original package contained about 14 fish)...... It took him the best part of almost 3 hours just to catch the 4 Oscars, so I decided to leave the Dempseys...... He was chasing the fish with a net, & when they go behind a rock, he would remove the rock & chase the fish again until it goes behind another rock, then replacing the first rock..... He'd take out the 2nd rock and repeat the procedure.... (endlessly!!!)
Please make sure that when you secure a deal with someone... You keep the fish agreed upon, and remove every obstruction in the tank to make for easy catching by the time the person arrives.....
This was most frustrating, & I wasted a whole Saturday, just to get 4 Oscars.....








