Bargain!

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys
Well I have been a bad girl.....

Went to my local town and had a look for some shrimp (as usual) and have a look to see if they had any Bristlenose plecs in...well they had the small babies and looking abit closer at some of the tanks I found some adults.

Not in the best of condition as they were in with some parrot fish and i think that they had been hassled so had raggid fins all over.

Asked one of the blokes and they were a breeding Pair and were bought in last week! Just what I was looking for for ages...bloke said that the last pair they sold had went for over £100! I was shocked at this cause I know you can buy a pair for £40ish.

Anyway he got on the phone to the manager and I was expecting the worst BUT he wanted £10.95 each!

I bit his hand off! :lol:

And he said they would be willing to take on any babies to sell on for a very small amount of money.

Now I just have to sort out their tatty fins. Anyone know what I can use with shrimp in the tank?
 
Nice find, to be honest Im not sure there is much you can use with shrimps in, but plenty of good water changes and those fins will grow back in no time at all :)
 
Thanks Minxfishy. its a start...I will just have to keep a very close eye on them and see how they progress.

Just wonder how long it will take my hubby to find out :ninja: :shifty:
 
how much :crazy:
wow ive got a breeding pair and around 80+babies, given loads away,,,,,ha could have made a packet already :rolleyes:

Yeah I was shocked as well! Maybe they were gold plated or something! :lol: That is why I was shocked at the price I paid....£21.90 isnt bad for two I thought. Now I just have to get hold of my mums old tank to bring on any babies that I have in future, mind you nothing is guaranted, they might not breed at all.
 
You do not need to add anything for torn fins. Just keep your water pristine and the fins will repair in no time at all. :good:
 
You do not need to add anything for torn fins. Just keep your water pristine and the fins will repair in no time at all. :good:
Thanks...would 2 water changes a week be too much? I normally do one a week and all my fish get fed every other day.

One water change usually is about 24 litres each time.
 
Theres no such thing as too many water changes. 2 would be ideal.
 
Thanks.

Will try to get pictures of them up on the forum when they have settled into their new home.
 
u can do one every two days to get them to breed but u all ready know that has they have breed for you lol


that was cheap pair i have paid 60 pounds for the pair
my new pairs cost me 60 pounds each and p+p on top of that dont normaly pay that much but shld get the money bk on the fry when they start breeding lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top