Barb Tank

What should I put in a 39" all barb tank?

  • Denizons

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tinfoils

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cherries

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golds

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

locker

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Points
0
AAAAAGGHHH What should I put in a 39" tank Opinions pls
 
Tigers - been my lifelong dream, which as of yet hasn't come true! haha

They remind me of pirhannas, and not just tat - if you have mossy, normal and platinum they look AWESOME!! Get some themed decor in there too, and it'll be awesome - maybe dark sand or something!
 
Tinfoils will outgrow your tank and will more than likely attempt to eat the smaller Barbs.
Denison Barbs require highly oxygenated water and will eventually appreciate more swimming space.
The other three sound fine and with a big shoal of each, the tank would look great.
 
even though their indangered i chose denizons, i think theyre great, however if it were me i would have a biotype with discus or rainbows with cardinal tetras and a species of loach(ent got a clue which).. oh and must have a gold nugget plec or a royal panque
 
I don't mind as long as you pay for them yourself. And don't stop helping me with my tanks.

Though I do agree with you that the Green TB's look good. But lets see what opinions there are to get a peaceful (for barbs) tank setup.

And I guess you will add a few Oto's for maintenance.

StatMan
(Dad)
 
I don't mind as long as you pay for them yourself. And don't stop helping me with my tanks.

Though I do agree with you that the Green TB's look good. But lets see what opinions there are to get a peaceful (for barbs) tank setup.

And I guess you will add a few Oto's for maintenance.

StatMan
(Dad)
:lol:

If it's more peaceful Barbs you are after then consider:

Pentazona Barbs
Cherry Barbs
Gold Barbs
Black Ruby Barb
 
I don't mind as long as you pay for them yourself. And don't stop helping me with my tanks.

Though I do agree with you that the Green TB's look good. But lets see what opinions there are to get a peaceful (for barbs) tank setup.

And I guess you will add a few Oto's for maintenance.

StatMan
(Dad)
Dad,

Of course I will :unsure: ;)
 
Dad,

Of course I will :unsure: ;)

Lol, what are the other dimensions?

I'd personally widen it from just a barb setup to an asian cyprinid biotope, with a mixture of odessas, black rubys, golds, and Green tigers along with some danios, galaxy rasboras, 2-3 Siamese Algae Eaters and a small group of Botia kubotai, (if theres space) :good:
 
The tank is 39" long x 15" deep x 18" high.

It has a Fluval 205 external filter
 
you could do some cool cichlids in there...i voted for tiger barbs tho, cichlids if not...im changing my 55 from tiger barbs to cichlids actually lol...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top